The importance of hygiene
The last few months we have heard and learned how important hygiene is in the care of our health.
For children with cancer, these measures are nothing new, as they have learned to abide by them from the beginning of their treatment, as one of the side effects of Chemotherapy is that it lowers the body's defenses, which results in girls and boys being more vulnerable to infection and seriously ill.
Precautions to take include:
-Use a water cover.
-Avoid places where there are many people.
-Follow all directions given by your doctor.
And also, it's important to pay attention to the following:
- Always make sure the child doesn't get a fever.
- Take care of the personal hygiene of the child and other family members through the daily bath, wash your hands constantly, have short and very clean nails.
- Avoid eating on the street, to have control of the state of food.
- In the kitchen, check the cleaning of the frets where it is cooked: boil the water, wash and peel the raw fruits and vegetables very well and, if possible, cook them before eating them.
- Keep the space where the child lives clean and ventilated.
- Avoid contact with people who have a contagious disease such as flu, chickenpox, etc.
- Brush your teeth three times a day, after each meal, except if you have canker sores, mouth wounds or have low defenses. Ask your doctor what alternatives you're recommended for oral washing.
- Do not use products or creams that may irritate the skin and have not been indicated by your doctor.
By following all necessary hygiene measures it is possible to maintain adequate health and avoid contagion and infections.